proposal: new repository for configuration data

Marco Martin notmart at
Thu Mar 22 12:29:07 UTC 2012

On Thursday 22 March 2012, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > so i created a new repository that only contains the config files and
> > given them some structure. i've also added a couple of branches to show
> > what sorts of things are possible, such as including xorg config. (both
> > branches are actually real-world useful as well :)
> >
> > you can get it with:
> > 	git clone kde:scratch/aseigo/plasma-mobile-config
> +1 from here, will make easier for device specific configs
> question:
> how would it be packaged?

another thing that adds up in the question for packagers: we'll probably need
soon different configs for meego and mer (connman vs networkmanager)

also the startactive configuration should be probably different

so meego vs mer, and probably even mer($device) in the future

Marco Martin