end of proof-of-concept on imx53qsb video

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Sun Mar 18 22:41:09 UTC 2012

Em Sunday 18 March 2012, Simonas L. escreveu:
> Dear all,

	Hi,

> Here is the last outcome of the proof-of-concept on KDE PA2 on Freescale
> i.MX53 QSB:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbQU6n8Zkw

	Cool :-)

> GLES HW accel is in effect, you can see a significant improvement, but the
> responsiveness is still not real time.

	It seems some mouse events are being dropped, that happens here with
VirtualBox when I fix my notebook's CPU clock to the mininum (1.2 GHz). How
much RAM memory your board use and how much swap space is being used by the
system?

> KDE PA2 latest build from Mer (16th March 2012), run on SATA HDD.
> Some optimisations could still take place, but it proves the concept that
> KDE PA2 needs a solid and potential piece of hardware to run (the heaviness
> of the good old KDE manifests itself through the legacy application icons).
> Good luck optimising and lightweighting it fellows!

	Is the Sata drive attached to the board via USB? If so, can you check if
the USB port was in 2.0 mode and not 1.x? You use the command below to list
all drives attached to the USB 2.0 controller:

find /sys/module/ehci_hcd/drivers/pci:ehci_hcd/0*/ -name "*sd*"

	Thanks for your work.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/