KDE Activity Manager Daemon 2

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Mar 9 10:09:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of the activity manager
version 2.0 (aka The Doctor) which is available from The Master (pun
intended).

Changes:

 - The main change is that the internals are completely revamped while the
beast looks the same from outside.
   Most things inside are now job-based, with a strange job declaration
syntax which is somewhere between a rock and a crazy place... but still
looks more sane than the entangled code that was in it before.
  Unfortunately, until we start requiring modern C++ compilers, the code
will look a bit strange, and will not be as optimised as it would be with
C++11*
 - the second is that kext:Activity is abandoned, it is now replaced by
kao:Activity (kao - kde activities ontology)
 - and, I guess, a lot of fixes also got in as a side-effect :)

Consequences:

1 - the new version will eat all your pets
2 - will work better than the previous one after it is done with (1)

Further:

 - Soon, I'll push the moving the files from/to private activities, and
the directory reorganization.

Cheerio

* I've implemented an analogous mechanism using variadic templates,
lambdas some other fancy stuff, which has absolutely no overhead both cpu
instruction and memory-wise. But it needs the latest gcc to work...

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard