PA OpenEmbedded support (WIP)

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:13:20 UTC 2012

2012/3/6 Lamarque V. Souza <Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com>:
> Em Tuesday 06 March 2012, Samuel Stirtzel escreveu:
>
>> Hi,
>

> Hi,
>

>> after some work plasma active builds for me now, although it needs some
>
>> tweaks. Now it comes to the most interesting part, doing run-tests.
>
>> After flashing the SD card of the machine and booting up, the tension
>
>> raises, but it seems like there is something missing.
>

>> While running "xinit /usr/bin/startactive" shows the splash screen,
>
>> some time later it disappears and all that is left on the screen is
>
>> the default X mouse pointer.
>
>> The startactive log file: http://pastebin.com/KSijm8MS
>

>> Any ideas what is missing?
>

> startactive is trying to launch kstartupconfig4. The startactive module for
> that executable was removed from the development version of Plasma Active
> image, it is still present in Plasma Active 2 image though. Are you using
> startactive package from PA2? Do you have /usr/bin/kstartupconfig4
> installed?

Hi,
kstartupconfig4 is not installed on the machine.
Yes the version used was from the git tag Active 2.0 release,
kde-workspace has version v4.7.4.

Has/had startactive a runtime dependency to kde-workspace? Seems like
kde-workspace was not picked up at the root filesystem creation.
The next step seems to be Contour, is there a file where the startup
sequences and the needed files / packages are listed?

--
Regards
Samuel