Can Plasma Active run on ARM Tablets?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 11:44:27 UTC 2012

On Saturday, March 3, 2012 13:50:55 Phoenix Nemo wrote:
> But I found nothing about android on the wiki.How should I do with it?

Plasma Active does not run on top of Android; rather it provides a whole Linux
OS, one that is much more "vanilla" than Android. this does mean, however,
that you need to flash the device .. which in turn means an unlocked
bootloader.

once that is done, one needs the appropriate kernel for the device. i see that
it is a Rockhip 2918. i don't believe anyone has done that CPU yet, but if you
have access to the kernel sources (e.g. for Android) then you can use that to
bring up the system.

this part is handled by the Mer OS stack which Plasma Active runs on top of
(among other Linux OSes)