Weekly Mer based x86 Plasma Active Images

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:31:21 UTC 2012

On Thursday 19 July 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi Maurice,
> I'm glad that you're back in the game, even if only with restricted time :)
>
> Now to anyone who might help here: There are several problems with the
> current devel image
> (2012-07-17-11-09-basyskom-plasma-active-devel-mer-usb-live.iso): -
> Connman (and ofono) are installed by default, preventing NetworkManager
> from working. They have to be removed from the default installation
> - Maliit doesn' work because gconf is not set correctly. The following
> values need to be changed (just copied the commands needed to change them
> from one of Marco's mails, this did the trick for me):
> gconftool-2 --set "/maliit/onscreen/enabled" --type list --list-type=string
> [active-keyboard.qml,en_us]
> gconftool-2 --set "/maliit/onscreen/active" --type list --list-type=string
> [active-keyboard.qml,en_us]
> - Konsole is not installed by default. This is not good for a devel image

now (almost of) all those issues are solved.
the keyboard starts and the cursor is correctly hidden.

for networkmanager:
i don't see connman explicitly installed from the kickstart files, neither
being pulled by dependencies, somehow shouldn't be here but it is.

i now added -connman in the ks to explicitly disable it, let's see in the next
image if is enough or still here