what version of Plasma Active is recommended for ExoPC?

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Thu Jul 19 18:26:40 UTC 2012

Em Thursday 19 July 2012, Carl Symons escreveu:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 19, 2012 07:01:00 Carl Symons wrote:
> >> 2. Balsam image
> >> Installed the latest plasma-active2 iso from open-slx as instructed in
> >> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation. Looks fine. After
> >> zypper dup, the task bar is black with the Plasma icon showing on the
> >> left behind the bluetooth icon. The Network Manager icon is back to a
> >> question mark icon. The appearance is not so good.
> >
> > rm $HOME/.kde4/share/config/plasma-device-appletsrc
> >
> > will fix the black bar issue.
> > --
> > sebas
>
> The bar is lookin' good now. Thank you.
>
> Any ideas on the NetworkManager icon? Currently showing a sheet with a
> folded corner and a question mark.

	Well, the Plasma NM's icon is ok here when I test the new image
(2012-07-17-11-09-basyskom-plasma-active-devel-mer-usb-live.iso) with
VirtualBox. If you are not using basyskom's images you must apply this patch
to NetworkManager-kde package and recompile it:

https://build.pub.meego.com/package/view_file?file=networkmanagement-
workaround_to_show_correct_systray_icon.diff&package=NetworkManager-
kde&project=Project%3AKDE%3ADevel&rev=0dbd3131ff490d615393062464ece80b

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/