what version of Plasma Active is recommended for ExoPC?

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 14:01:00 UTC 2012

Running on the ExoPC...

1. Mer
For the longest time, the Mer dev version worked great. I must have
skipped some upgrades or somehow got out of synch. Now the latest
Mer-dev image + upgrades does weird stuff.

Repeated screen locking...every 10 seconds or so. I interrupt the
"locking in 5 seconds" slider and slide the unlock button up.
Everything looks fine and pull down launcher works. Within seconds,
there's a message that the screen is being locked and the "locking in
5 seconds" message appears again. It's not possible to actually do
anything without this interruption.

2. Balsam image
Installed the latest plasma-active2 iso from open-slx as instructed in
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation. Looks fine. After
zypper dup, the task bar is black with the Plasma icon showing on the
left behind the bluetooth icon. The Network Manager icon is back to a
question mark icon. The appearance is not so good.

I really want a version that can be demoed at a significant trade show.

What is the best approach to get a Plasma Active installation that can
be shown off to influential contacts?

Carl