GCompris for PA

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Jul 6 08:34:54 UTC 2012

Hi Mario,
from the video it does indeed look like GCompris would be a very good addition
to the PA portfolio. Whether it should be included by default, however,
depends on other things as well, including but not limited to:
- Does it fit well in the PA environment (e.g. not relying on notification
icons, not using non-Qt/QML widgets)? From the screenshots I've seen this
requirement seems to be met.
- Are all of its dependencies satisfied on Mer / Plasma Active systems?
- Is it something the majority of PA users might want to use?

I'm not sure about the last point. For children it sure is awesome, especially
on a tablet, so it definitely has to be offered in the^add-ons store. And it
surely is nice for demos. Yet still it seems to me that adult users who don't
have kids might not need it to be on their tablets...

So whether it would be included in the default or not is probably up to those
who create the images.
Thank you for pointing it out to us!

Cheers,
Thomas