Plasma Active on Kubuntu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 18:13:36 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 18:25:59 Florian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E4der?= wrote:
> is there a way to install Plasma Active as an alternative desktop
> environment that can be selected from KDM?

should be possible; will require a session .desktop file for kdm, but that's
just one simple file (can copy one of the existing ones for plasma desktop or
netbook and alter the exec line, for instance..). then you'll need the plasma
active startkde script. from there, it's just a matter of building the plasma-
mobile repository.

i think it would be pretty neat to see a set of plasma-active packages for,
e.g., opensuse that could be installed alongside desktop and netbook in this
fashion.

we're more focused on full OS images due to the specific goals we have (and our
resource limits), but that doesn't mean someone else couldn't do the bits of
work needed to make it happen :)

humru othro a kohnu se