tasks nobody claymed(yet)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:11:51 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 25 January 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2012 17:48:00 Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 January 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> > > The patch hit master. So all it needs now is to perform an xrandr
> > > rotate when the sensors noticed that you rotated the device.
> >
> > uhm, xrandr? does it actually rotate the screen so? (thing that can't be
> > done due to touchscreen calibration loss, besides not having an
> > animation)
>
> I would say we have to try. Not having an animation is better than nothing,
> touchscreen calibration might be an issue, though (but I have no ideas
> about that).
>
> Everything else needs Wayland as a backend and we won't have that if we
> don't put significant manpower on it for PA 3.

basically on a touchscreen the resolution can't be changed, ever (rotation is
also changing it)
the penalty is having to rewrite the calibration data (i don't think one can
get away without having to run a gui program that asks to touch the four
corners of the screen every time) maybe two calibration configurations can be
stored and switched on the fly but i'm not sure about that