Encryption stuff in need of solutions

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.com
Wed Jan 25 09:51:32 UTC 2012

Am 24.01.2012 14:14, schrieb Thomas Pfeiffer:
>> Now that we are talking about passwords I realised that there is no
> simple way to change activities' passwords or recover them. We still can
> switch encryption off and>then on in order to change the password, but
> for now to save the changes the user must click on the "Save changes"
> button, which closes the configuration dialog. I>think switching
> encryption on and off should be immediate (not requiring click on the
> "Save changes" button)
>
> You just spotted a big inconsistency here: We want instant apply for
> settings dialogs, yet we have classic "Save changes" in Activity
> configuration. This does not really make sense.
> However we should not have private yes/no apply instantly but none of the
> other changes.
> So I hereby strongly suggest to have all changes to activity settings
> apply instantly and only have a "close" button on the dialog.
> Comments? Would we run into some trouble with that?

+1 !!

As the user doesnt see the buttons underneath the keyboard anyways, I am
all for the option to select a wallpaper, and its selected and applied
directly (even seen in the background changing). If the user wants
another wallpaper, he just taps on it. If he finished his configuration,
he closes the dialog (maybe also by just taping in the background,
outside the dialog window? Do we really need a close Button/Icon?)

This is why I am not happy with adding even more apply/save/cancel
buttons to new dialogs, like the one for the password. If we think about
a new interaction principle, we should apply it right away with every
new feature we develop.