Task Proposal: Centralized account management

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 11:49:22 UTC 2012

On Monday, January 23, 2012 12:00:45 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > The cool thing is that we can use webkit to inline this into the
> application.
> > We don't even have to show the webkit widget loading the ACK-APP page,
> with a
> > bit of JavaScript inserting (findElementById("allowButton").click();)
>
> inserted
>
> > into the loaded page, everything can be made to work automatically. :)
>
> +1 Inlining is very elegeant. We have to make sure that the user can
> identify if
> she really is on the original page (URL, SSL certificate indicators),
> thouh, so
> users can be sure no phishing / fraud is involved.

Note that it doesn't actually show the page, just loads it in an invisible
webview, and then injects javascript to click the "Authorize App" button,
which leads to successful authentication. =)

The actual page never becomes visible, it just seems so for the webservice
that the user has actually seen the page.
--
sebas