UI security topic: UI for private activities

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jan 17 12:07:43 UTC 2012

> What about the case where the current activity when booting the system is
> private. Does the switcher works before opening any activity? If not then we
> will need a second dialog to ask for the password.

That is why I wanted the 'locked' state for the activity, and the
activity switcher for the password dialogue.

> I would rather leave the private activity open (un-encrypted sounds
> technically wrong since it is still encrypted) until the user explicitly
> tells PA to close all private activities or a lock screen happens. If the
> user needs to momentaneously do something in another activity it is very
> annoying having to type the password when coming back to the previous
> activity.

When the security is concerned, annoying the user is (IMO) a much
better choice than lowering the security.

> Are we going to use only one password for all private activities or one
> password per activity?

password per activity

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard