UI security topic: UI for private activities

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:44:14 UTC 2012

Hi,
Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Fania Bremmer <fania.bremmer at basyskom.com>wrote:

> Am 17.01.2012 05:27, schrieb Shantanu Tushar Jha:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Fania Bremmer <
>> fania.bremmer at basyskom.com <mailto:fania.bremmer@**basyskom.com<fania.bremmer at basyskom.com>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi there,
>>
>>    In the last days we had a lot of discussions about the security topic.
>>    In my team we already had a look how the UI dialogs could look
>>    like and in last fridays telco we talked about that as well.
>>
>>    So here my current findings presented in a flowchart regarding
>>    "private" (means encrypted) activities:
>>    http://share.basyskom.com/**contour/UIDesign/flowchart_**
>> PrivateActivities.pdf<http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/flowchart_PrivateActivities.pdf>
>>
>>    Asumptions:
>>    - Mark Activity as private: toggle Button in "Create new activity"
>>    and "Activity Configuration" Dialog; details see flowchart
>>

>> What about having a password confirmation or "show password" option so
>> the user can be sure that she typed the correct password while creating the
>> activity. Chances of typos on the virtual keyboard is even more. Or am I
>> wrong?
>>
> You're completely right, I forgot to add this to my wireframes. A second
> field is need where the user has to reenter the pw again, so we can
> validate that there are no typos. Thanks for the feedback!

I was wondering if its better to rather have a checkbox to show the entered
password. Typing them two times on a virtual keyboard is cumbersome, isn't
it?

(this email comes from my new email address, the last one made me realized
I forgot to switch subscription to active when i changed the address)

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com