KDialog in QML

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 09:15:56 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Hi all.
>
> We all know the moments when services need to ask the user something.
> In those cases some people (me :) ) like to use kdialog so that there
> is no need to link the service to an ui library - and adapt to
> different types of ui - qwidget and qml.

Are there any plans for a generic support of these "ask user for something"
in Plasma? I was thinking about it for some time, especially because of
how broken is Polkit agent - due to not setting wId (Lubos did a hack for
at least services using KAuth)... And of course, it does not fit event to
desktop Plasma, not talking about PA at all...

> I'll be needing this to provide password dialogue (and maybe others)
> for the activity encryption.

So count with PK too... Not sure if anybody started on SystemD password
agent (or I should finish it :). Etc...

> In order for this to appear pleasant to the user of PA, we should
> have
> a qml-based kdialog.
>
> Thoughts?

Jaroslav