Data security

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 10:01:25 UTC 2012

On Thursday 05 January 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > probably at least some form of authentication for qml only stuff to the
> > metadata model and the dataengines is desiderable *and* feasible tough.
> > maybe with a derivation of the remote plasmoid authorization?
>
> Isn't remote plasmoid authorization based on "user clicks ok?". Automating
> that would not add any security, or am I missing something?
>
> I would recommend to go for the low hanging security issues first: using
> PAM for login.

whether is a prioty1 thing or not i'm not sure, but..

that's a thing i would like to see indeed (and have actual multi user)

that's an use case probably mostly for enterprises, where would be desiderable
having at least some kind of integration with the user management of the
infrastructure there (that will be an huge selling point of windows8 in that
kind of environment)