Data security

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Jan 5 21:40:46 UTC 2012

> that was before encfs was invented. So at least all of home - not sure any
> more about /

Since encfs is a fuse system, it should (I haven't tested) be slower
than kernel-space encryption.

> But your encfs solution sounds good if that is really possible to get each
> activity encrypted and gives the possibility that a user says he doesn't care
> about encryption (/me belongs to those as I know that it can be broken). It
> would also reduce the RAM attack vector to just the current loaded activity

For me, it could be just a simple (ui-wise) question in the activity
settings dialogue. I'll just need to investigate how to invoke fuse
and not deal with execution via shell which would be sucky :)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard