a base for active apps

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 18:28:55 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 04 January 2012, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> > Ideas? comments?
>
> +1 as long as it is not 'a base *only* for active apps'
>
> From my pov, this is something that should be in kf5 - declarative-ui
> library.
>
> One evil step further would be to create a kdeclarativeapploader
> application, which would execute a packaged declarative app. The package
> could be platform indep, multi-platform enabled... something like klick
> was supposed to be like.

dunno, to me the point is to have c++ based apps, for what doesn't need c++,
plasma-windowed with qml plasmoids is fine.

if that packaged declarative app contains a kind of c++ plugin.. hmm, i see it
feasible, tough again there happens the problem of making everything almost
public api (that's why i would like to keep the standard qml c++ plugins just
for library-ish stuff