a base for active apps

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:56:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,
in the branch mart/declarativeApp there is an experiment of classes that will
be used as a base for writing active apps, with the least possible amount of
code, avoiding the quite lot of duplicates we have now.

at the moment what i have is a KDeclarativeView, is a subclass of
QDeclarativeView and basically all it offers is setPackageName() it loads the
path of the plasma generic package that has the needed qml for the app, and
installs our hack of kdeclarative.

more than that, we could also privide an optional kapplication subclass (maybe
one kunique, one not) that automatically instantiates a kdeclarativeview and
loads the qml...

about supporting qml-only apps... i'm on the fence on that, i don't think is
the right place to do it, since this can be done with the plasmoid declarative
api (and there is already a mechanism for application specific ui bits)

Ideas? comments?