Active Settings refactoring done

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Jan 3 21:04:11 UTC 2012

On Sunday 01 January 2012 18:50:26 Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> As a test case for embedding a settings module directly into an app, I've
> implemented an embedded settings module with the browser's dashboard:
>
> Config button: http://wstaw.org/m/2012/01/01/plasma-desktopeT1657.png
> Settings module in browser:
> http://wstaw.org/m/2012/01/01/plasma-desktopgz1657.png

I've now put it like this in the HIG:

---
Application-specific dialogs can also be accessed from the application using a
button or menu entry.
- If the application window is clearly separated into a navigation and a
content area (like in a web browser) and has a starting page from which the
user can navigate to different content, a button is placed on that starting
page which navigates to the configuration "page", which is displayed inline in
the content area
- In all other cases, the configuration dialog is placed fullscreen above the
application.
---

I'm not sure if that's actually understandable. Any improvements on the
definition are welcome :)