different UI for the add resource interface

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jan 2 15:40:19 UTC 2012

> Hi all,
>
> in the branch mart/tabbarAddResources of plsma-mobile i started working
on a
> different ui for the add resource page, that more or less reflects an
old
> thread we had here about how to improve it
>
> http://wstaw.org/m/2012/01/02/plasma-desktopxj4232.png

Nice! Definitely better than what we currently have!

> the categories became a tabbar component, the pages still look as they
did,
> the first one shows 20 the items that have a bigger rathing and aren't
already
> in the activity, what still should be changed is contestualize that
order by
> activity, in a way that they become almost recommendations.

Yes, the more useful these top20 are, the better. It seems to me that our
recommendation algorithms would be at least as useful here as in the
recommendations
overlay.

> i'm still not really convinced about using a tabbar, if the first page
of
> suggestions will become reliable enough we could be onto something.

With the number of categories we have now, the tabbar looks great to me.
If we cannot limit the number of categories to fit in there, we may have
look for a different way to present the categories (e.g. in a sidebar).
Imo it's quintessential that switching the categories requires only one
tap, though.