New Plasma Active Image on balsam laucht

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Jan 1 12:23:29 UTC 2012

Hey,

> ist es möglich, dieses Image als Basis für eine Development-Installation zu
> verwenden (sprich immer auf aktuellem Master-Stand) und wenn ja, was muss
> man dafür in den Repos ändern?
> Für mich wäre ein System wichtig, mit welchem ich die neusten Entwicklungen
> mitverfolgen kann, aber ich habe nicht genug Kenntnisse zum
> Selbstkompilieren. Grüße und guten Rutsch,

To follow development, you can use this Repository:
http://download.open-slx.com/balsam/professional/devel/plasma-active/12.1/

Configure the repository with a higher priority (i.e. lower number) in zypper,
and update the hell out of it.

Right now, the KDE:Active:Devel repo contains slightly updated packages
compared to KDE:Active, and Qt 4.8 packages. Feels quite a bit faster, and
password input works again. (I think it's broken in Qt 4.7-based packages.)

Warning: As it's unstable/untested, you might run into problems once in a
while. Do expect and accept that breakage means progress :-)

Happy testing!
--
sebas