share-like-connect icons

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 09:27:48 UTC 2012

On Thursday, February 23, 2012 00:19:38 Bugs Bane wrote:
> After seeing Aaron's blog post, my first reaction was "Thank $DIETY! Those

:)

> Feedback welcome!

i like the design direction of this. it lets the panel recede a bit further
back into the background. the icons are simple ...

i'm not sold on the share icon; i do think it makes sense to stay a bit closer
to the "share" that we see all over the web, allowing people to both transfer
that knowledge over and make SLC feel more "familiar"

on at least some devices, there is a hardware home key. so we can imagine the
panel without the house in some cases, though i do like the difference in style
between the home and slc icons, however.

if i imagine the panel without the power button, then we still have 3 very
different styles going on. the icons on the left and the SLC icons should match
in some way. if we go this direction for SLC, then it would be nice to see a
matching set of SVG icons for the tray icons (battery, sound, network, usb,
bluetooth?)

there is a "grayscale" icons set here:

	http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/?content=133300

but even that gradients that would stand out from these SLC icons.