different UI for the add resource interface

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Feb 21 14:59:34 UTC 2012

On 03.01.2012 11:00, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 02 January 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>
>>> suggestions will become reliable enough we could be onto something.
>>
>> With the number of categories we have now, the tabbar looks great to me.
>> If we cannot limit the number of categories to fit in there, we may have
>> look for a different way to present the categories (e.g. in a sidebar).
>> Imo it's quintessential that switching the categories requires only one
>> tap, though.
>
> since doesn't seem to have important regressions, is now merged, should appear
> in testing images soon

After having used the new dialog for quite a while, I'm pretty convinced that
using the score used for recommendations for the "Top" category instead of the
explicit rating would improve it a lot. I for one hardly ever rate any resource,
and I don't think many people regularly do that. And even for those who do, the
rating is considered in the recommendation algorithm anyway isn't it?
And since this really comes close to a recommendation, using that score here
would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Thomas