akademy talk?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:30:48 UTC 2012

On Thursday 16 February 2012, Carl Symons wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:29 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a first version of the talk description and abstract.
> >
> > i wanted it to be mostly a step by step guide how to write, so pretty
> > technical, but since would become very boring, with a little section as
> > well talking about guidelines (that are being developed on the wiki now)
> > on what makes an application active or not, technically and visually.
>
> Maybe too much? With my limited knowledge of what is involved, it
> seems like there might be 3 interesting and valuable presentations in
> your proposal.
>
> 1. Creating a mobile application for Plasma Active using technologies such
> as... 2. Strategies for porting desktop applications
> 3. Perspective for the future, what is to be expected with the
> introduction of KDE Frameworks 5 and the Plasma 2 framework as part of
> it.

yep, is a bit big indeed, i was thinking about going trough those arguments
very quickly and having more in deep things for the rest of the week after
talks.
if other people submit other talks on the other topics that would be cool,
yes.

> Plasma Active will be a hot topic at Akademy. Having several
> presentations and presenters would be nice. Desktop Summit was
> speculative...a series of presentations showing "what if". These

i would love more than one presentation as well.
for that however people need to step up ;)

> I was on IRC with Nuno yesterday. He is already building cool and
> pretty apps for mobile, but often needs technical assistance. It would
> be valuable if the presentations gave way to collaborative hacking
> sessions. Maybe create an Akademy goal such as doubling the size of
> the PA App Store. Or create a crowd-sourced "most wanted PA apps"
> ahead of time that collaborative hacking sessions could focus on
> during Akademy.

something that was an idea, is to have an hacking room for all the post
conference days. in there there could be workshops and general hacking with us
supporting and teaching people around