update on active screen locker

Felix Michel felix_michel at gmx.ch
Thu Feb 16 16:53:01 UTC 2012

On Thursday 16 February 2012 17.38:57 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012, you wrote:
> > > that doesn't quite work as it just means it goes from left to right but
> > > the coloured (filled) area is still not right. try it out to see what i
> > > mean :)
> >
> > i had an idea, buttons identical to the current lock one that tough are in
> > sunken "guides" like the sliders now, i'm doing the graphics now
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Marco Martin
>
> here we go :p
> http://i.imgur.com/zWMwC.jpg
> same exact behaviour as before.
>
> maybe still needs some tweaks, like removing the rounded border at the edge
> of the screen to make it look it's coming out of the screen, but is quite
> pretty already i think ;)

It is really pretty! I like the whole lock screen and i must say wow! I am
following the whole development for a long time and i am no programmer just a
random KDE user interested in new technology. I just wanted to share some
thoughts with you about the usability discussion. What about writing below the
sliders something like: Slide to sleep // Slide to shutdown.
For me that would explain the whole slider and also its usage. Just my
opinion. I think it is really pretty and clear!