Active on Arch

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Wed Feb 15 11:43:58 UTC 2012

Em Tuesday 14 February 2012, Jameson escreveu:
> I've been working on getting Plasma Active Two packaged up in AUR. I'm able
> to get plasma-device --nodesktop to run fine from inside KDE.  However,
> startactive will display the initial animation, followed by my KWallet
> dialog, and then just a X cursor.  Can someone help me figure out what's
> going wrong?  Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/aCUJHwxs
>
> Thanks,
> =-Jameson

	Hi. It seems to be a problem in the startactive dependency chain of
modules, after starting kwin startactive does not know what to do. Have you
installed contour, contour-intro, plasma-contour-config, and plasma-mobile
packages? The next module to start after kwin is setup-contour-intro.sh, which
belongs to contour-intro package.

	Have you recompiled kdelibs and kde-workspace with mobile profile
instead of default? If not I think PA will not work properly. You also need
the default configuration from plasma-contour-config to prevent kwallet from
appearing.

	For debugging you can try using the old startkde script instead of
startactive. Just edit the /usr/bin/startkde script and comment the line 111:

#. krandrstartup

	Then you should change your configuration to use /usr/bin/startkde
instead of /usr/bin/startactive. Since you are not using a PA image I am not
sure how you can do that.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/