problem with windowstrip

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:17:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
>> connecting to any signal that causes creation of kwindowsystemprivate
>> breaks it, not only window changed.
>> removing the kwindowsystem x11event and most of its functionality
>> doesn't help either
> This sounds really, really bad. But I hope that it is only with KWin. I will
> try to change that code to use KWin internal signals instead of the
> KWindowSystem and provide you a patch.

indeed, now using the geometryChanged signal of TopLevel it works flawlessy ;)
I't in my branch kwin/mart/tabboxFixes together a bit of stuff that
will have to be discussed as well.

only thing, i can't link the kcm anymore, because of course it's not
linked to any symbol of  Workspace::self()   :/

how that could be fixed?