Resource linking API (for kactivities users)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Feb 2 09:45:10 UTC 2012

On Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:01:57 Ivan Cukic wrote:
> Instead of doing a manual isRelated for Activity->Resource like it
> currently is in applets and other places, you *need* to use
> KActivities::Info::linkResource(...) and
> KActivities::Info::unlinkResource(...).
>
> Also, you can use KActivities::Info::linkedResources() for getting them.
> But this is not a requirement.

Reminds me, we still have a piece of disabled code in the webbrowser which
links the downloaded file to the current activity, so downloaded files appear
on your activity screen. This code had been disabled because it seemed to
cause all kinds of havoc.

Does anyone know if it's still unsafe? Otherwise, I'd just re-enable it,
because it's really the sensible thing to do, and if it's broken, we need to
get to the bottom of this problem anyway...

sebas