[Okular-devel] Improving the book reading experience with KDE tech

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 15:12:13 UTC 2012

On Sunday 23 December 2012 15:29:24 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Thanks a lot. That will help.
>
> I was thinking of experimenting with a qwebkit based generator instead of
> the  current qtextdocument based one. Another alternative is to use the
> more advanced text layout of the calligra text engine which is also based
> on qtextdocument but extends it considerably.

This approach of rendering epub using qwebkit would be beneficial for chm
documents too. Currently okular renders them as images so that all embedded
links are frozen (not clickable). kchmviewer uses a different approach that
works much better for chm docs. I am interested in this topic and willing to
help (as much as my schedule allows).

--
Bogdan Cristea