activities save and restore

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:17:54 UTC 2012

On Thursday 20 December 2012, Marco Martin wrote:

> > > You rock, Marco!
> >
> > yep; truly great big bunches of cookies for that one.
> >
> > also, as this is the second time this has happened,  perhaps you (marco)
> > could send a note to the author of the commit reminding them that
> > kDebug() does not get executed in such scenarios? :)
>
> apparently is not enough, it continues to not work, so it was a combination
> of two problems.
>
> i'll start to bisect again :/

update:
seems to have something to do with the declarative ui for the activity
encryption.

that ui is pluggable and depending from the usual platform profile from
kdeclarative it loads a qwidget based one or a qml based one.

if the qwidget based one is loaded, activities are restored correctly.

It seems to make not much sense, because that ui shouldn't have anything to do
with it.

(to me even raises another question about if we still want to keep the
activity encryption since isa basically unmaintained, not used and can't work
reliably due how nepomuk works)