activities save and restore

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:18:45 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 19 December 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 19:30:04 Marco Martin wrote:
> > what happens is that at stop containments are correctly stored (in the
> > above directory, one per file)
> > then sometimes, it fails to restore the containment leading to an empty
> > one, sometimes no containment at all.
>
> if kamd reports the wrong activity information, it is possible that
> libplasma does not load the activity information from the file -> empty
> activity -> save out -> nothing in the file?

i got it building on a virtualbox instance in mer...
and it gets broken only when i do a release build.
that's why we are not seeing this, we are always running a debug build

that means the problem is in some code conditionally built only on debug
builds
(i remember once a bug in kactivitymanager was an operation done inside a
kDebug() << statement, it may be that again)