Krita Sketch for Plasma Active

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat Dec 15 13:02:45 UTC 2012

On 15.12.2012 10:56, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 14 December 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> On Friday, December 14, 2012 09:46:57 Carl Symons wrote:
>> > Krita Sketch could be a great app for Plasma Active. Imagine being
>> > able to do real artistic work without a desktop computer and a
>> Wacom
>> > pen tablet.
>>
>> +1
>>

>> https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/show?rev=krita-sket
>> > ch- rempt
>> >
>> > Is there anyone working on Active who would be willing to take
>> this on?
>>
>> ... or how about someone who isn't already working on Active! :)
>>
>> I'll blog about this over the weekend, I think.
>>
>> Also, I'd love to borrow that intro screen for Calligra Active in
>> general.
>
> in active applications or as a general application?
> right now a thing missing, that could be borrowed from there is the
> ui to
> create new files.
> that can be done either as a central application with "plugins" for
> file types
> (basically templates)
> or alternatively being something invoked in the app from the
> commandline, like
> calligraactive --newfile

We do not want to create new files from within applications, this would
break the yet-to-be-established task-centered paradigm. Task-centric
design
would require that we use a central system for creating files of all
supported
types with plugins that invoke the corresponging application.
We do not want users to have to remember which app they need to start
to create
a file of a specific type.

That reminds me: We should start planning the task-centric system soon,
I'll set up a Doodle today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Thomas

Cheers,