packaging translations

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:42:39 UTC 2012

On Saturday 08 December 2012, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> one thing important for pa4 i think is translations.
> All the system is in place, some po files already done.
>
> to be actually tested on image, what's needed is packaging.
>
> from next week i want to do a sprint about packaging, to fix some quite
> outstanding issues remaining.
>
> It's a good occasion to do that, so, volunteers? ;)

I did a proof of concept of a translation package there:

https://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=kde-
l10n&project=Project%3AKDE%3ADevel

it's from the released tarballs of translations, so is still missing the
extragear stuff (among which plsma-mobile)

still some problems with it:

* it has just two languages, to try out: whole translations is 350+MB (55
languages), it may beat very hard on obs
* it produces a single kde-l10n-countrycode package with all the released
translations in one, more granularity probably needed?
* other packages, such as plasma-mobile, okular-active, active-addons etc
still need translation packaging

so, this work still has to be finished. ideas on what direction it should
take?