qml screenlocker, again

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:43:56 UTC 2012

On Monday 20 August 2012, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > the only big issue (and is indeed, quite big) is that is possible to kill
> > the window with ctrl+alt+esc key combo.
> > any idea how to solve this?
>
> nasty, that should not be. Solution is to grab the keyboard, but that
> should actually be done by ksmserver already.

yeah, explicitly setting the keyboard grab on the widget seems to solve
(instead an eventfilter doesn't seem to do much)

> > and most important: do anyone knows about other blockers that would
> > prevent a merge for 4.10?
>
> Three issues come to my mind:
> * log-in with locked screen (needs adjustment in startkde)

hmm, any reason in particular this would be needed or wanted?

> * plasma package support for lock screens, so that users could implement
> animations again

yeah, using packages may make sense

> * drop the screensavers and kcm
i think the timeout is still (partly) governed by the screensaver timeout, so
without that kcm wouldn't make much sense, should be uniquely powermanagement
governed timeouts?

oh, another thing.. what about widgets on screensaver? is something that we
really want to keep?
would be probably quite easy to just slap a containment in that view if
needed, indeed not sure if we *want* that..
but since now the locker background is fixed to the default wallpaper, using a
containment would make easier to configure it.