RFC: more spacing

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:01:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since i've heard the report that panel icons are a tad difficult to hit, i
>> tried a little experiment: icons spaced a lot, and the hit area enlarged
>> accordingly (is a similar behavior of the android 4 panel).
>>
>> http://wstaw.org/m/2012/04/30/plasma-desktopwZ2606.png
>>
>> the result is way more convenient to use, but i have to admit doesn't seem
>> look that good (in the screenshot the extra spacing is a bit exagerated
>> but
>> sill), opinions?
>

> Well it looks good to me.

+1

>> it also makes even more important that just few icons are present, but is
>> not
>> that big of a problem imo, since if there are more than 3 or 4 something
>> is
>> very wrong
>

> Yes exactly, the rest of space is getting wasted anyway, its not like
> desktop where you have the task manager. So huge +1 from me, looks much
> cleaner.

Not hitting the right icon has been a problem when using, but it
doesn't bother me anymore when I hit the wrong thing. However,
demoing...it gives a poor impression.

+1 to what Shantanu wrote, except for looking much cleaner. I don't
agree or disagree; there are people on the project who are better at
these assessments than I am.

Carl