Questions about building plasma active

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Mon Apr 30 11:55:42 UTC 2012

Many thanks for the input.

> Mer Plasma Active builds use systemd as their init system and the above
> error looks like you don't have the required kernel options set in your
> kernel config to satisfy systemd.

You were right on there.

> See http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptation_Guide for options you
> need in your kernel.

So now it gets a lot further into the boot process.

I see one suspicious message:

> systemd-logind.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1
> Starting Login Service failed, see 'systemctl status systemd-logind.service for details.

I see no way to get open a shell to look for those details.

Then a few lines down:

> starting X server with "/usr/bin/Xorg :0 -nolisten tcp -noreset -auth /home/mer/.Xauthority vt1"

and there it freezes, presumably the X server fails to start.

If I take the SD card out and look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log I see it ends
with:

> [    36.997] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for tegra
> [    36.997] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/tegra_drv.so
> [    36.997] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support

Which looks like more kernel stuff, but nothing I can understand.

Any further suggestions?

Cheers,
Jonathan