Changes to Activity Configuration UI

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Apr 29 15:58:59 UTC 2012

Hi all,
after the long and heated debate about the changes to the Activity
Configuration UI suggested by Aaron seems to have settled, it seems unclear
what we actually want to change. In order to allow actual changes to happen, I
have extracted from the discussion the things I think we agreed upon:

1. Change the title to "Edit Activity" ("Activity Settings" is another
suggestion, but I strongly prefer actions as titles (i.e. containing verbs)
and that's also what I have written in the HIG
(http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Dialogs) to
which nobody objected)

2. Remove the label "Activity Name". Instead, put "Name" as a hint inside the
field (as in the Search... fields) if it's empty.

3. Remove the label "Lock as private" from the switch. Instead, put icons
similar to http://dribbble.com/shots/415967-Privacy-Settings on the
corresponding sides of the switch

4. Move the private switch next to the Name field (I'm not sure if we atually
agreed on this one)

If nobody objects to these suggestions, I will but them in a wich on BKO.

Cheers,
Thomas