Questions about building plasma active

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Sun Apr 29 01:23:26 UTC 2012

> Sometimes on first boot the screeh becomes black for several minutes
> while nepomuk is indexing the file system. If there is disk activity you
> should wait (up to 7 minutes) and see if the desktop appears.

I cannot tell whether there is disk activity as it's all solid state. :)

I'm not sure whether I should have been getting console output on boot.
I tried it with liv2's kernel https://github.com/LIV2/LIV2-Xoom-GNU
(which works getting debian on the xoom) and the boot hung at:

 > 'Failed to mount /dev: No such device'

so I presume there is some kernel incompatibility going on.

> I do not own an Arm tablet to test the procedure myself. You should try
> wainting 10 minutes to see if the homescreen appears.

Is there somewhere to go to talk to people doing arm builds?

> All our builds are rpm based but Kubuntu already packs Plasma Active:

Ah, that's interesting. I see they are only doing i386 builds for the
moment but maybe I can get on board that project.

Cheers,
Jonathan