Questions about building plasma active

Lamarque V. Souza Lamarque.Souza.ext at basyskom.com
Sat Apr 28 03:49:48 UTC 2012

Em Saturday 28 April 2012, Jonathan Schultz escreveu:
> Hello folks,

	Hi,

> I've just discovered this project so please bear with me if I ask
> questions to which the answers are already out there.
>
> I've just been trying to install KDE Active on a Motorola Xoom, which is
> a Tegra 2 device. The basyskom install scripts don't seem to work, but I
> was able to flash the boot image and install the filesystem on an SD
> card as per the directions. When I booted nothing happened. :(
> Literally, no messages, nothing.

	Sometimes on first boot the screeh becomes black for several minutes
while nepomuk is indexing the file system. If there is disk activity you
should wait (up to 7 minutes) and see if the desktop appears.

> But I have been able to install Debian and KDE/netbook using this
> information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192639
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Can anyone suggest how to figure out what's going wrong with
> basyskom's images?

	I do not own an Arm tablet to test the procedure myself. You should try
wainting 10 minutes to see if the homescreen appears.

> 2. What is involved in building plasma active from sources? Could it be
> installed as a Debian package? How much tweaking has gone into the
> kernel? Etc.

	You need to compile kde-workspace with the mobile profile and compile
the master branch from the following KDE repositories: plasma-mobile,
startactive, kde-runtime, contour, kactivities and share-like-connect. All our
builds are rpm based but Kubuntu already packs Plasma Active:

http://blogs.kde.org/node/4544

	We have not created new patches for the kernel, we use the kernel used
in Meego or Mer. They contain patches applied but not from us.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.basyskom.com/