Updating Project:KDE:Trunk project on build.pub.meego.com

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Apr 27 18:58:20 UTC 2012

On Friday 27 April 2012 09:36:54 Lamarque V. Souza wrote:
> > I did that. It's loaded now, but switching to private still does nothing,
> > trying to create a private Activity creates a normal one. :(
>
> 	Can you check after the reboot if fuse is really loaded? Try setting an
> activity as private and send me the ~/.xsession-errors of the process.

Fuse is loaded according to lsmod
There is nothing written to ~/.xsession-errors when I try to set an activity
as private. It's empty.

> > The not working private activities are a problem that definitely needs to
> > be fixed. If it can't the changes to the Stable repositories should be
> > reverted imo. We cannot introduce a broken feature (as in "does not work
> > at all") to a stable repository.
>
> 	Private activities stills needs some work until we can consider it
> stable, so I do not advise installing it in production computers. This week
> Ivan pushed some commits to fix most of the issues with private activities,
> there is still at least one thing to fix properly, that is moving resources
> to/from private activities. I have patch in reviewboard.kde.org that fixes
> the moving part but since files in private folder as not indexed once the
> user reboots the device the resources do not appear in any PA program
> anymore, although they are still in private folder.

Well, the problem is that people who downloaded the stable PA2 image and did
zypper up recently (without modifying any repos) got the broken private
activities.
So Maurice, could you remove that feature from the stable repos again and make
it so that it will be deactivated again when users do zypper up the next time?

I will now switch to devel again so I can only test stable with live images
again from now on.

Best,
Thomas