[kde-workspace] kwin/data/desktop: Move kwin/data to kwin/data/desktop so that I can add kwin/data/active.

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 19:56:07 UTC 2012

Em Tuesday 24 April 2012, Martin Gräßlin escreveu:
> Am 24.04.2012 20:08, schrieb Lamarque V. Souza:
> > 	I usually do that, this time I did a "git merge" and forgot to do a
> >
> > "git
> > commit --amend" afterwards.
>
> <offtopic>You actually caused a merge commit. That's not needed at all.
> You could do a:
> git checkout master
> git pull
> git checkout topicBranch
> git rebase master
> git merge topicBranch
>
> That way no merge commit is added. It's not so interesting to know how
> the topicBranch had been called on your local installation and it puts
> all commits in linear order which makes it much easier to read.
> </offtopic>

	I read about those commands in kde-core-devel. What the best commands to
merge a branch are seems to be an open topic there. Ok, I will try those ones
next time I merge a branch.

> > 	I have the two questions I wrote above: 1. we still need to store
> >
> > the
> > LayoutName somewhere, kwinrc is the logical place, will it still be
> > used to
> > strore LayoutName? 2. where the dbus call to change the layout will
> > be issued?
>
> There is already a D-Bus call to activate the window switcher from the
> panel. All it needs is adding another optional parameter for the
> layoutName to the D-Bus call. So no config value required at all :-)

	Ok, now I get it. That also means if someone wants to set a different
LayoutName other than the default one hardcoded in kwin he/she will have to
save that configuration somewhere else (not in kwinrc) and then issue the dbus
call to set the configuration. Hmmm let's hope we do not need to change the
default we use in Plasma Active :-)

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer