Some user feedback (mostly about the PA browser)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Apr 17 13:33:23 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 13:54:16 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2012, Mario Fux wrote:
> > So I will try the mer image in the next days.
> >
> > And here some additional feedback. PA looks great, I like it!
> >
> > Another idea I had was to use QML news (RSS) thingie. What's the status
> > here? It doesn't seem to be ready yet?
>
> doesn't have offline caching but online browsing should work fine.
> it should probably become a real app with at least the models taken from
> akgregator to work more reliably.
>
> at the moment nobody has time to work on it, but as usual, volunteers
> welcome

One thing that is already possible to get more feeds into the RSS Reader is
while browsing websites, the webbrowser's dashboard will show an RSS icon for
pages that have associated feeds. Tapping that icon will copy it to the
clipboard, then you can paste it into the RSS Readers config dialog, using the
press-and-hold mechanism.

It's not overly intuitive though, what I'd like is to have some sort of
system-wide or per-activity bookmarks of RSS feeds, but I don't know if we
have the ontologies to store this in Nepomuk in a meaningful way. Does anybody
know?

sebas