latest MeeGo testing image - better & better

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Apr 4 20:48:53 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 03 April 2012 21:07:31 Marco Martin wrote:
> now the browser should be perfect(tm)

I'm not sure if it's actually perfect, but it's pretty good! Now surfing the
web is fun on my PA Wetab :) People expect a touch browser to behave like this
nowadays (because it makes sense) and I'm glad we managed to make it work even
with this version of Qt.

> the image viewer still a bit wonky tough (especially the rewrite that hit
> master today)

Of course it would be good to have it work predictably as well, but I actually
think it's more important for the browser. Yes, you do zoom in a picture
sometimes to look at details. But when viewing a web page that is not
optimized for mobile/touch, you need to zoom in and out all the time to
interact, and the double-tap-to-zoom isn't intuitive enough for that.

For the image browser, the most important thing is that doing a *slide*-show
(literally) works fine.