latest MeeGo testing image - better & better

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Apr 3 10:43:19 UTC 2012

On 03.04.2012 12:28, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday, April 02, 2012 22:38:07 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> - I just saw that the gesture zoom in the Images app is now at least
>> roughly  local. Not perfect yet, but already working oh so much better than
>> before! Can we have that for the browser as well? It would make the
>> browsing experience soooo much better!
>
> What exactly should be changed? Can you describe the difference a bit more
> detailed? (I haven't paid attention to that area.)

Sure :)
In the image viewer, for example when I perform the pinch gesture at the lower
right corner, the zoomed-in image is centered on (roughly) that area, so the
area I zoomed in on always remains visible.
In the browser, the page remains anchored to the upper-left corner of the window
and expands towards the lower right. Therefore the lower-right corner of the
original viewport gets pushed out of view and I have to scroll/pan back to it.
I hope that description was helpful ;)