Creating pre-filled Activities

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Apr 2 15:42:09 UTC 2012

On 01.04.2012 14:01, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 31 March 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> On Saturday, March 31, 2012 00:06:36 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> Does the ebook reader also read simple PDFs?
>>
>> yes. the project is currently at:
>>
>> 	https://github.com/cristeab/tabletReader/
>>
>> hopefully it will appear in kde's git sooner rather than later.
>
> i taken a quick look to it, seems promising indeed.
>
> some issues i seen:
> - doesn't seem to support epub yet (and that will be the first priority format
> to support) luckily seems to support quite well pdf and chm
> - flick to scroll seems broken
> - it will really need the file open dialog using nepomuk queries as everything
> else, or even not having any at all, everything would be launched from the
> filemanager

I think it still makes sense to be able to call the resource manager from within
an application, so that you don't have to switch applications explicitly to open
another file after you have finished reading one. But yes, it definitely needs
this integration. This is a must for all apps that can open files.

> (so in the end integration, as in visual components and functionality)

Visual integration needs to be done as well, yes. Hopefully it's rather easy to
replace the widgets used with our Components...?

> anyways, seems promising ;)

I have just offered the author my help. Let's see if he accepts it ;)