Privacy

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Apr 2 11:06:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This mail is spun from aseigo's last post [1]

There is one thing I'd like to propose - removing the 'set private' option
for activities, or marking it as experimental*.

Reasons:

1. In order for it to work properly without the disappearing of the
resources from the home screen (although those are not deleted) we need
the nepomuk patch I'm currently working on. Which might take me some time
to implement.

2. Everything needs excessive testing. Unlike our regular features, things
that deal with actual data need to have 0 bugs. I don't think there are
any data-loss bugs, but that might mean we just haven't tested thoroughly.

Cheerio,
Ivan

* or adding a 'enable experimental features' into the Settings app, which
would enable the checkbox in the activity settings dialogue.

[1] http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2012/04/vivaldi-ordering-delay.html

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
  -- Niels Bohr