[share-like-connect] dataengine/providers/activities: restore the 2 steps connection to activity

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 09:04:56 UTC 2011

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 21:06:45 Marco Martin wrote:
> one thing that is still missing and would be needed to be really completed
> is to send the window as well to all the newly connected activities
> (correct me if i'm wrong but there still isn't api from kwin?)

i don't think there is in kwin; what would be great is if kwin could be
notified about these changes or at least check (if it doesn't already)
whenever the current activity changes. that would still mean the window would
not "disappear" from the current activity until an activity switch though ..
hm .. yes, i think we really need some sort of DBUS API in kwin for this,
something like:

setWindowActivities(qlonglong winId, const QStringList &activities)

Martin: what do you think about something like that for kwin? attached is a
sketch patch that implements the idea (or would if i could figure out how to
get the Client* for a given window id ... see the "something()" call in
setRelatedWindowActivities to see where i'm stuck ;)

humru othro a kohnu se