lockscreen and splash screen

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Sep 28 00:22:13 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 16:50:13 Marco Martin wrote:
> I finally made work out of the box the new qml splash screen and the lock
> screen on the meego image, so here are some instructions, hoping it will be
> easy enough to adapt it to the opensuse image as well.
>
> 1) put the two humungous attached patches in the kde-workspace package (and
> add the extra installed files that will be there after the patches are
> applied)
>
> 2) package kde-artwork-active that is in svn under
> playground/base/plasma/kde- artwork-active. It's svn because contains many
> fat binary files (the default wallpaper set should go there as well)
>
> 3) sync the contour-config package with the new stuff in config/ under
> plasma- mobile: it kills krunner, sets the qml splash as default
>
> 4) cross fingers ;)

I've packaged it in KDE:Active, the screenlocker works fine (with your first
set of patches), I'm having problems with the QML splashs screen though, it
seems to "hang" after loading the initial image, but doesn't blend into the
next picture.

One thing that made it work from the Workspace Appearance / Splash KCM was to
sync the name of the directory (activeair) with the name in Theme.rc
(ActiveAir), but that didn't make the splash work.

I've excluded the ksplashrc file from KDE:Active's plasma-contour-config for
now, as this makes it impossible to log in otherwise.
--
sebas